FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 8, 2020
Contact: Keith Heuser, President
Valley City, ND – We understand how much it means to patients to have their loved ones with them during their hospitalization and outpatient visits. The COVID-19 pandemic has made this nearly impossible. Starting Tuesday, June 9, 2020 CHI Mercy Health is announcing that with the Governor declaring a green status for our state and testing being completed with no positive COVID results some of our visitor restrictions have been lifted so we can better serve our patients and community. We did not want to loosen some of our visitation rules until we were sure that we did not have any staff with the infection.
No visitor presenting to CHI Mercy Health will be allowed in the building without a mask. All visitors will be screened at the front desk and verify that they have a mask. Visitors will not be allowed to roam around the hospital. Visitors must go directly to hospital department, check in with hospital staff and be in a patient’s room or designated waiting area. Visitors may stay as long as they like but if they choose to leave the building they will not be allowed back in. Patient’s may have only one visitor per day. This is designed to keep the numbers of people actually entering the hospital to a minimum. CHI Mercy Health will continue to follow stringent policies and procedures to make sure the hospital remains a safe environment. Visitors are asked to stay home if they’re feeling ill or experiencing symptoms.
CHI Mercy Health’s new visitation guidelines are as follows:
- One visitor per day for each acute/observation patient.
- An additional visitor per patient at the time of discharge.
- One per surgery or ambulatory care patient.
- One per ED patient as appropriate.
- Delivery Drivers may take their deliveries directly to the department that ordered them (outside of direct patient care areas) as long as they are masked and cleared by their company.
Visitor restrictions still apply for:
- Use Main Entrance Door # 1.
- South Door (nearest handicapped parking) will be locked.
- All visitors will be screened upon arrival to the hospital.
- Compassionate care visitation – Limit of 2 at a time in building.
- Minor child visitor – No visitors under the age of 18.
- Swing bed remains the same.
Thank you again for all of your support and for your steadfast commitment to CHI Mercy Health and to our mission.
Please keep our dedicated caregivers and the patients they serve in your thoughts and prayers.
We’re strongly encouraging anyone who is suspicious of or concerned with COVID-19 exposure to PLEASE CALL 701-845-6400 FIRST prior to coming to the hospital / Emergency Room. Screening questions will be used during the phone call. These along with additional screening procedures have been implemented to keep our patients and staff safe.
Please log onto CHI Mercy Health Website for COVID-19 updates.