FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 24, 2020
Contact: Keith Heuser, President
CHI MERCY HEALTH
Valley City, ND We understand how much it means to patients to have their loved ones with them during their hospitalization and outpatient visits. We at CHI Mercy Health want to keep the community informed of what our current visitation policies are.
All patients, visitors and support persons presenting to CHI Mercy Health will enter at Main Entrance Door #1 and will be screened at the front desk prior to entering facility. Patients, visitors and support persons will be required to wear a mask or face covering while in to the hospital. All visitors will check in and check out at the front desk and must go directly to hospital department and be in a patient’s room . Visitors may stay as long as they like but if they choose to leave the building they will not be allowed back in. This is designed to keep the numbers of people actually entering the hospital to a minimum.
Social distancing, masking, and hand sanitizing requirements will be maintained in all hospital departments. Any visitor who cannot manage the guidelines will be asked to leave the facility and if accompanying a patient, be asked to wait in his/her vehicle. CHI Mercy Health respects the rights of all community members; because of the services we provide, our first duty is to the safety and care of patients and staff. We will actively defend this duty and are confident that everyone visiting our facility will understand and do the same. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
CHI Mercy Health’s visitation restrictions effective July 27, 2020 are as follows:
- Visitors are asked to stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms of illness.
- All visitors are required to wear a face covering and will be screened at the front desk prior to entry.
- No visitors under the age of 18 (exceptions may be made at the discretion of the care team).
- All visitors will use the Main Entrance (Door #1) and will check in and check out at the front desk.
- PCU patients may have one visitor per day. This includes Acute, Observation, and Swingbedpatients.
- Patient and visitor must remain masked during visitation.
- An additional visitor will be allowed at the time of discharge.
- Swingbed patients may have additional visitors outside (must maintain social distancing).
- Emergency Department, Surgery, Pain, and Ambulatory Care patients may be accompanied by one healthy adult (must remain in patient’s room).
- Compassionate care visitation – limited to two visitors at a time in the facility.
- Pediatric patients or adult patients requiring a care giver may have one support person with them atall times.
- Delivery drivers must be masked.
Please log onto CHI Mercy Health Website for COVID-19 updates