A third shipment of medical equipment and supplies has arrived at the Indigenous People’s Hospital, in Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines. Thanks to our Second-Year Mission and Ministry Fund award of $25,000, MedShare has shipped another 40-foot shipping container loaded with medical equipment and supplies to this, our sister hospital. CHI Mercy Health was among several CHI facilities to raise and contribute $2,000 to assist in the freight cost of shipping one full-size container.
In addition to 800 boxes of supplies, the shipment included:
- 1 laptop computer
- 1 LCD video projector with carrying case and small external speakers
- 4 portable suction units
- Surgical and delivery instruments
- 1 hospital-grade countertop freezer for Laboratory
- 2 hospital-grade countertop refrigerators
- 4 wall-mounted air conditioning units
- 3 vinyl patient recliner chairs
- 3 patient gurneys
Support for this Mission project comes from everyone who has bought a purse, wallet, or pencil cup holder, or who came to the Filipino lunch in October, where we served 69 people–it was such a success we’re thinking of making it an annual event!
Thank you to everyone who has helped support this Mission project, together we can make a difference around the world!