- This event has passed.
Stop the Bleed – Save a Life
October 4, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Thursday, October 4, 2018
- Training starts at 5pm
- Training will take one (1) hour depending on number of attendees
Health Education Center
Located on the Campus of CHI Mercy Health,
570 Chautauqua Blvd.
Valley City, ND
Mary Aaland, MD, FACS,
UND Department of Surgery
Director of the Rural Surgery Support Program.
Fredrick Mitzel, MD
- Stop the Bleed is a national awareness campaign intended to encourage
bystanders to become trained, equipped and empowered to help in a
bleeding emergency before professional help arrives
- Learn how to control life-threatening bleeding following everyday
emergencies and disasters. The training will show you how to act as an
immediate responder and save lives, whether the injury is caused by an
accident, active shooter, or other disaster.
- The number one cause of preventable death from trauma is uncontrolled
bleeding. This class will teach attendees how to control bleeding, to increase
the likelihood of saving lives in an emergency. Attendees will learn a variety
of methods to stop bleeding, including how to correctly apply pressure,
dress a wound and apply a tourniquet.
- This course offers training in basic bleeding control techniques such as direct
pressure, wound packing and tourniquet application. The course is
appropriate for both the general public and healthcare providers.