The CHI Mercy Health Physical Therapy Department focuses on increasing
independence and improving wellness and overall fitness following injury,
surgery, disease or the onset of pain.
The following services are available through the department:
- Rehab care to hospitalized patients
- Outpatient care for neck and back-related problems
- Outpatient care for orthopedic and other physically limiting
- Outpatient care for rehab following orthopedic surgery
- Rehab therapy after a stroke
- Women’s health program for resolving urinary incontinence problems
- Gait and orthotic assessment and custom fabrication of orthotics
- Physical therapy in the home for those patients too disabled to
attend sessions at the hospital-based department
- Industrial medicine program which provides job analyses, pre-work
screens and ergonomic advice to local businesses. Functional capacity
evaluations are also available to determine the physical abilities of
injured workers in the process of returning to employment.
Most services require a referral by a physician. Blue Cross Blue Shield
patients can self refer for treatment. Check with your insurance provider
The Physical Therapy Department offers services seven days a week and can be
reached by calling 701-845-6575.